Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Rise and Shine and Give God the Glory, Glory!!

Good Morning,
Rise and Shine and Give God the Glory, Glory!!  I always sing that to wake up my kids in the morning.  (Nice and loud!!) They love it................ NOT!!!!  --It might not be the song so much as the fact that I turn on the lights, pull off their covers and give them kisses and tickles.  :)  I love it!
On to other things.  We went to Publix and CVS last night.  We got a great deal on lifesavers.  I don't usually give them a second glance but Krista pointed out to me that they were each $.94 and on the inside of the bag, there were $1 off coupons.  We bought all of the ones that we liked and opened the bags, took out the coupons and got money back on each bag!!  It's like we got paid to buy lifesavers.  Great, Great Deal.  They had some other really good deals, too.  I spent $48 and saved $46.  (I did have to buy 3-4pks. of butter and eggs which were not on sale and I had no coupons.)  Krista only spent $8 and saved $25.  She beat me this trip!!  I'll have to plan better next time.  I don't like to save less than 50%. 
I know that many of you are saying, "I'd be ecstatic with that much saved."  I would have to 3 months ago, but I've gotten used to saving at least 50% that I hate not meeting my goal.
If you want to learn how to save substantially on your groceries, e-mail us at sistersense@yahoo.com or leave us your e-mail on our blog.
We are offering money saving classes that include couponing, household and meal-planning tips for $10/person.
Right now we are running 2 different specials.  If you host a class with at least 5 guests, your session is free and you will recieve a free gift.  OR we will host a class and each person that brings a guest gets a $5 off .  If you bring 2, your session is free.  You just can't beat that!
I'm not sure of her savings at CVS, but I know she saved around 50% there.  My favorite deal she got was for 12 pk. of  Pepsi for $12, get $3 CVS bucks back.  Those are same as cash, so they only cost $2.25 ea.  I was going for the same deal but I left my card at home with my wallet and I wasn't happy.  :(
Thanks to Krista for bailing me out and lending me the money to cover my Publix trip until today.....
Sisters are great.  If you have one, give her a call, if not, call your best friend b/c she would be the next best thing.
Krista has something fun in mind.  More to come from her later.
Have a great day and God bless all of you with joy today.
<:0) Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment