Thursday, September 24, 2009

Hip Hip Hoorah for Mom!!!

I was the center of praise last night when I made my family this soooooooo simple dessert.  (Or breakfast.)  I cut up skinned, cored and diced up some fresh apples and opened a can of refrigerated tube cinnamon rolls.  I stretched out each one as thin as I could make them without making holes in them.  I dropped as many apple pieces in and rolled it up.  I baked about 12 min. and voila!!  Out came hot apple turnovers in which I iced with the icing that came in the package.  We had fresh apples that Brendan picked at the church this weekend so I needed to use them, but if you want an even easier recipe, put apple sauce in the center or apple pie filling from the can.  You can also combine applesauce and apples if you like.  I didn't have any or else I would have.

Enjoy and make you family smile, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment