Saturday, October 10, 2009

My Sunday Publix plan

     I am really excited this week because you can make a dollar on milk at Publix this week.  There is a coupon in their flyer for free milk when you purchase 3 Kelloggs.  (I'm sorry but I can't remember if it has to be cereal or any item from Kelloggs.)  Either way, there is a coupon machine in the cereal aisle for $1 off of Fruit Loops/Fiber or Applejacks/Fiber (makes them $3, too much if you ask me) or better yet, purchase the Mini-wheats which are BOGOF (buy one get one free) for $2.  I had some coupons for this so mine were $1.50/ea.  (I did this deal on Friday night.)  Get your free milk-$2.49-.  Head on over to the Sara Lee bread (on sale for $2.19) and look for a tear off pad for $1 off of milk. 
     Total for 2 Mini Wheats, 1 Fruit Loops, 1 milk, 1 loaf of bread without mini wheat coupons = $8.16.  A value of $16.85.  Guess what?  That is a 48% savings. 
     One of the most important things to using coupons to your advantage is using them when the store is running sales.  I rarely have to buy something when it is not on sale and without a coupon at the same time.  It will take about 8-12 weeks to really be on a good cycle with a good storehouse of coupons.  When I started using coupons, my pantry, refrigerator and freezer were bare.  (We were trying to prepare for moving.)  Anyway, I am still stocking up and with 2 growing boys so sometimes I am barely keeping up as it is.  But with deals like that, and most of them are better, we are well on our way. 
Thanks be to God for providing for us so plentiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment