Saturday, October 10, 2009

Garage Sales!!!! I love them!

     I had a great day today because I have been looking for a chair and coffee table since I moved here that fit what I was looking for.  I can't pay for something that isn't what I wanted and I just hate buying something brand new.  There isn't much that we own that we bought new. I think my mattress is the only thing we paid full price for (not counting the game consuls that Jose buys.  He still has a hard time waiting for the best deal.  All the more reason why I have to save!) 
     I was so excited when I saw just what I was looking for.  They were asking $25 originally for the chair and went down to $15, and a beautiful coffee table that I think they were asking $35-$40.  (I can't remember.)  I was able to talk it down to $35 for both.  It was a little difficult because the chair was part of a set and they didn't want to break it.
      I got all of my Fall/Winter clothes for $30:  2 sweat suits, 4 dress suits, 1 pair of slacks, 1 sweater, 1 skirt, and 4 blouses + I got 2 boxes of dishes and 1 pair of boy gloves for my nephew thrown in.  The dishes are beautiful white with most of the set of 8.  For those of you that know me, you know I love different sets of dishes for different times of year and occasions but I refuse to pay for my luxuries.  If I can't get it dirt cheap, I'm not getting it!
     I hope you take advantage of these garage sales, too.  Brent went with me and he bought a brand new game of Life, marked $5, for $1.  All of the pieces were there and it was in tip-top shape.  Brendan just said yesterday that was his favorite game, so Brent is giving it to him for Christmas.  (We're kind of competing with each in making our purchases overall, who can get the best deals.  We decided as a family to not get caught up with spending during the holidays so Brendan will be really excited when he finds out the deal Brent got!) 
     $65 for all of that is my kind of bargain!!

1 comment: