Thursday, January 21, 2010

I did it and so can you.

     Now, I don't know about you, but it is worth it to me to take a few hours a week to plan a list and pick which store(s) to go to and get the most for your money. I usually try to go to the drug stores every week because the deals are just too good. I get a lot of stuff for free and I just can't pass that up. My family appreciates it, too. As for grocery stores, I usually go to Publix or Kroger, whichever gives me the most for my money. Sometimes Ingles has good meat and milk prices so I might go there. Wal-mart gives me the least for my money in general but if there was a Super-Target near me, I would go there. They have several deals each week that would make it worth my while.


     People ask me all the time how many stores do I have to go to and how long does it take me. Set up a class with us and we'll be able to help you learn to organize the information to best suit you. Then you can decide, depending on where you live, what is the best plan for you. It may even vary from week to week depending on the sales or your cash flow.   I spend about 5-7 hours at the absolute most, each week.  I gave you an example of what an average week for me is like.  This was a particularly good week but this is still a fairly average week.  I save more money this way than I would make getting a job outside of my home.  With the time it takes to homeschool and keep up with a household, I don't have a lot of extra time as it is.  I don't know many people that do.  The question you need to decide is...
Can you afford not to learn how to stretch your money?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Krista,
    Good blog as you can see I ma afollower. Al and I have learned how to save and it really is worth all the troule that it takes as we only live on Al's Social Security here. Glad to know you are doing o.
    Love ya and Miss ya

    ReplyDelete